2024 Spring League – April 6-June 2, 2024
The MDSL strives to provide a positive environment to support player development. While winning is nice and we all feel great when we do, it is important in our league that winning should not be the main priority. Our mantra remains “Development over winning” and it is our expectation that when your club joins our league, that they too have a similar mindset. If winning is your sole purpose to joining our league, then we will decline your application or at the end of the season, not ask your club to return. There are a handful of other leagues in the DC, MD, VA area that you can join where winning is a priority, but not the MDSL. As a league when you join us, we expect that you will be teaching the kids how to play the right way and to acknowledge the fact that they are just kids and will make mistakes.
Season: April 6 – June 2, 2024
Game Days: Saturdays and Sundays
#of games per team: 8
Game Times (Range): 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Game Locations (between Sandy Spring and Silver Spring): Sandy Spring Friends School, Northwest Branch Park, Pinecrest Local Park, and White Oak Recreation Center Field.
*Note – the league holds the right to adjust divisions accordingly depending on the number of teams registered.
U-7 (2017s) – 4 v 4 ($475) – Up to 12 players are allowed on the roster) – Note that teams will have to have a minimum of 8 players rostered because each team will play 3 v 3 on two fields simultaneously.
U-8 (2016s) and U-9 (2015s) – 5 v 5 ($525) – Up to 14 players are allowed on the roster)
U-9 (2015s) – U-10 (2014s) – 7 v 7 ($575) – Up to 16 players are allowed on the roster)
U-11 (2013s) – U-12 (2012s) – 8 v 8 ($575) – Up to 16 players are allowed on the roster)
U-13 (2011s) – U-14 (2010s) 11 v 11 ($600) – Up to 18 players are allowed on the roster)
- Build-out lines are required for U12 and below.
- No Heading (U-6 – U-12)
- One (1) Referee per match for U12 and under. 2-3 refs for U13 and up.
Block scheduling will be available. We will also offer double coach scheduling preference to de-conflict games.
AMAZING BENEFITS. MDSL member clubs and teams will also receive access to Squadra, BowNet, United Soccer Coaches, and partnerships only available to the MDSL.
MDSL Spring 2024 KEY DATES to remember:
- Team Registration Deadline: March 15, 2024
- Fall Division Structure Released: March 18, 2024
- Tentative Schedule Released to Teams Only: March 20, 2024. On this date teams can de-conflict any games that they may have up until March 23, 2024. After this window, no changes are allowed for the rest of the season.
- Fall Master Schedule Released: March 25, 2024
- Fall Season Starts: April 6, 2024
- Fall Season Final Match Day: June 2, 2024
Match Day Dates :
Teams will be guaranteed 7-8 Fall season matches over the season. Matchdays are as follows:
- Pre-season: March 23-24, 2024 (MDSL Spring Classic) – Optional
- Week 1: April 6-7, 2024
- Week 2: April 13-14, 2024
- Week 3: April 20-21, 2024
- Week 4: April 27-28, 2024
- Week 5: May 4-5, 2024
- Week 6: May 11-12, 2024
- Week 7: May 18-19, 2024
- Bye Week: May 25-27, 2024 (MDSL Memorial Cup) – Optional
- Week 8: June 1-2, 2024
- Post-season: June 15-16, 2024 (MDSL Spring Scrimmagefest) – Optional
- Eight (8) League Matches per season. In case of inclement weather games will be made up. This might include playing a game on a day that your team typically doesn’t play or playing a doubleheader in one day.
- Standard rules and procedures developed by clubs.
- Centralized master scheduling via GotSport.
Please Note: All scheduling (games and fields) are handled by the MDSL office.