2023 Fall League
September 9 – November 5, 2023
Entering season #5, we are excited to continue the growth of our outdoor leagues by offering another player development filled Fall League season. Our mantra remains “Development over winning” and it is our expectation that when your club joins our league, that they too have a similar mindset. If winning is your sole purpose to joining our league, then we will decline your application or at the end of the season, not ask your club to return. There are a handful of other leagues in the DC, MD, VA area that you can join where winning is a priority, but not the MDSL. As a league when you join us, we expect that you will be teaching the kids how to play the right way and to acknowledge the fact that they are just kids and will make mistakes.
Season: September 9 – November 5, 2023
Game Days: Saturdays and Sundays
#of games per team: 7-8
Game Times: 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Game Locations: Sandy Spring Friends School and White Oak Recreation Center Field.
*Note – the league holds the right to adjust divisions accordingly depending on the number of teams registered.
U-7 (2017s) – 3 v 3 ($475) – Up to 12 players are allowed on the roster) – Note that teams will have to have a minimum of 8 players rostered because each team will play 3 v 3 on two fields simultaneously.
U-8 (2016s) and U-9 (2015s) – 5 v 5 ($525) – Up to 14 players are allowed on the roster)
U-9 (2015s) – U-10 (2014s) – 7 v 7 ($575) – Up to 16 players are allowed on the roster)
U-11 (2013s) – U-12 (2012s) – 8 v 8 ($575) – Up to 16 players are allowed on the roster)
U-13 (2011s) – U-14 (2010s) 11 v 11 ($600) – Up to 18 players are allowed on the roster)
- Build-out lines are required for U12 and below.
- No Heading (U-6 – U-12)
- One (1) Referee per match for U12 and under. 2-3 refs for U13 and up.
Block scheduling will be available. We will also offer double coach scheduling preference to de-conflict games.
AMAZING BENEFITS. MDSL member clubs and teams will also receive access to Squadra, BowNet, United Soccer Coaches, and partnerships only available to the MDSL.
MDSL Fall 2023 KEY DATES to remember:
- Team Registration Deadline: August 15, 2023
- Fall Division Structure Released: August 22, 2023
- Fall Master Schedule Released: August 29, 2023
- Fall Season Starts: September 9, 2023
- Fall Season Final Match Day: November 5, 2023
Match Day Dates :
Teams will be guaranteed 7-8 Fall season matches over the season. Matchdays are as follows:
- Week 1: September 9-10, 2023
- Week 2: September 16 – 17, 2023
- Week 3: September 23 – 24, 2023
- Week 4: September 30 – October 1, 2023
- Bye Week: October 7-8, 2023
- Week 5: October 14 – 15, 2023
- Week 6: October 21 – 22, 2023
- Week 7: October 28 – 29, 2023
- Week 8: November 4 – 5, 2023
- Seven (7) to Eight (8) League Matches per season. In case of inclement weather games will be made up. This might include playing a game on a day that your team typically doesn’t play or playing a doubleheader in one day.
- Standard rules and procedures developed by clubs.
- Centralized master scheduling via GotSport
Please Note: All scheduling (games and fields) are handled by the MDSL office.