- Monday - Friday - 9:00 am - 8:00 pm email@example.com 833-725-3338
2023 Summer League
June 27 – August 10, 2023
Entering season #4, we are excited to continue the growth of our outdoor leagues with the launch of our Summer League. In season #1, three teams participated in the league (Sandy Spring Soccer Club, Aspen Hill Soccer Club, and ESYDA), fast forward to April 2023 and the league increased to 34 teams.
Our Spring and Fall seasons are based on the 140 acre campus of the Sandy Spring Friends School (SSFS) in Sandy Spring, MD, our league is located within a 10 mile radius of three counties (Prince George’s, Howard, and where we are based Montgomery) and our Summer league will take place at Montgomery County Parks and Recreation Fields. Due to our geographical advantage, we are able to attract more teams throughout the Central Maryland region than other leagues, where teams have to travel far distances for competition. We also pride ourselves on our price point and being a fraction of the cost as some of the other leagues. The MDSL was created by clubs, for clubs and we are excited to help lower budgeted clubs save.
Games will be held on the weekdays on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. The 2023 summer season will run from June 27 – August 10, 2023 for U-10 – U-18 competitive level boys and girls teams. Teams will be tiered by age groups U-10, U-12, U-14, U-16, and U-18. Teams will receive 7-8 games during the season. At the end of the season, champion and finalist medals will be issued. For registration and scheduling we use GotSport and there is a $25 discount per team for clubs who register 3 or more teams. For clubs registering 3 or more teams, use the discount code MDSL25.
*Note – the league holds the right to adjust divisions accordingly depending on the number of teams registered.
As mentioned, each team will play between 7-8 matches during the season.
U-10 and U-12 – 7 v 7 ($450) price increases to $500 after 6/1/23. (Up to 14 players are allowed on the roster)
U-14 and U-16 – 9 v 9 ($475) price increases to $550 after 6/1/23. (Up to 18 players are allowed on the roster)
U-18 – 11 v 11 ($550) price increases to $650 after 6/1/23. (Up to 22 players are allowed on the roster)
- Build-out lines are required for U12 and below.
- No Heading (U-10 and U-12)
- One (1) Referee per match for U12 and under. 2-3 refs for U13 and up.
Block scheduling will be available. We will also offer double coach scheduling preference to de-conflict games.
AMAZING BENEFITS. MDSL member clubs and teams will also receive access to Squadra, BowNet, United Soccer Coaches, Black Soccer Coaches Association, and partnerships only available to the MDSL.
MDSL Summer 2023 KEY DATES to remember:
- Team Registration Deadline: June 13, 2023
- Summer Division Structure Released: June 15, 2023
- Summer Master Schedule Released: June 20, 2023
- Summer Season Starts: June 27, 2023
- Summer Season Final Match Day: August 10, 2023
Match Day Dates :
Teams will be guaranteed 7-8 Summer season matches over the season. Matchdays are as follows:
- Week 1: June 27 and 29, 2023
- Week 2: July 11 and 13, 2023
- Week 3: July 18 and 20, 2023
- Week 4: July 25 and 27, 2023
- Week 5: August 1 and 3, 2023
- Week 6: August 8 and 10, 2023
- Seven (7) to Eight (8) League Matches per season.
- Standard rules and procedures developed by clubs.
- Centralized master scheduling via GotSport
Please Note: All scheduling (games and fields) are handled by the MDSL office.